Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Love and a cough cannot be hid." -George Herbert

Photobucket

Photo: Taku, "Home Sick." February 24, 2007 via Flickr, Creative Commons Attribution.


I started to feel sick yesterday, but I was sort of hoping that it was just some allergies or being tired. Nope. I woke up today with a pretty impressive cold - the kind where I start scaring the cats with my coughing. I'm hoping that a bunch of sleep and fluids, along with the promise of getting back home to boy and assorted cats will get me through tomorrow's 6am flight with a connection in Ohio.

But no matter how sick I am, I'm still excited about bringing some east coast specialties back to my midwestern boyfriend. I'll be bringing bagels (for New Year's brunch) and half moon cookies (a NY thing - sort of large cakey cookies with half chocolate and half white frosting). And then waiting for me in his fridge are some hotdogs, Syracuse salt potatoes, and baked beans from a local company. I'm thinking we need to have an indoor winter bbq to help deal with the standard seasonal blahs.

It's already 5pm on the 11th day I've been back in my hometown. I'm definitely ready to go home, but I will miss my family as well. I still have five days off, which means that I will hopefully be healthy by the time I have to get back to work, and I might even be able to do some cleaning and organizing. If nothing else I'd like to get my clothes organized and weeded to make getting ready for work a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment